IV. Assessing Community Readiness – Workbook
Assessing Community Readiness & Implementing Risk Reduction Strategies – Workbook
The guide integrates CAAN’s key tools and resources into the community readiness model, providing a user friendly, step-by-step Training of Trainers Guide for Aboriginal communities to:
- assess their community’s readiness to address risk reduction;
- determine culturally appropriate prevention and intervention approaches;
- implement the approaches to effectively reduce risk and reduce vulnerability for HIV infection; and
- provide wise practices that demonstrate successful application of the community readiness model for risk reduction and;
- features various case studies outlining lessons learned.